PRIDE Industries Janitor Lead in Annapolis, Maryland
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Janitor Lead
Job Code: 325 - AN-Janitor Lead
SCA Occup: 11150 Janitor
Salary Grade: Federal Wage Determination or Collective Bargaining Agreement
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: January 2018
Under limited supervision, the Janitorial Lead Worker leads a work team of diverse individuals, while prioritizing, assigning and coordinating team activities to clean and detail assigned facilities at the customer site, ensuring that the assigned facilities are clean and free of safety hazards. This job class requires practical skill and knowledge of janitorial practices, equipment, supplies and procedures and the ability to perform quality work with attention to knowing and using safe work practices.
*Prioritize and assign tasks, including coordination of work schedules to ensure coverage, rebalancing as necessary for special projects and customer satisfaction.
*Maintain supplies, stock and equipment to ensure proper operation and safe condition.
*Understand and train workers in the safe and proper use of products and equipment to meet quality and safety standards.
*Train and assist workers in performing duties, working alongside them on the same tasks.
*Perform cleaning services using proper equipment and supplies, and follow procedures for safe use and operation.
*Clean and detail facilities. Remove trash; dusts/polish equipment, furniture, or fixtures; vacuum carpets, clean walls, arrange furniture, and clean window blinds.
*Clean lavatories, showers, and restrooms, using correct chemicals on all surfaces. Dust and wipe-down all fixtures, fill all dispensers, empty trash containers, and mop and deodorize floor.
*Clean assigned common areas, including hallways, stairwells, and cafeterias and/or break areas. Remove trash from all trash containers and line containers with clean plastic bags. Clean tables and microwaves. Fill dispensers.
*When trained, oversees the waxing and buffing of floors on a regular basis.
*Monitor progress of tasks and inspect completed work, including outside grounds, to ensure quality.
*Investigate discrepancies and report them to management, recommending improvements to resolve issues;
*Oversees the cleaning and maintenance of janitorial equipment on a regular basis to ensure proper operation and safe condition.
*Monitor usage of inventory, supplies and equipment. Initiate supply/repair orders when inventory is low or replacements/repair are required.
*Prepare records and reports as needed.
*Maintain a good relationship with workers and customer.
Frequent travel between facilities or buildings may be required; may be required to drive a company vehicle.
Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Denotes Essential Job Function
• Must meet all requirements of the worker position being led;
• At least one year of janitorial, building maintenance or related experience;
• Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges preferred;
• Knowledge of company safety policies and procedures;
• Knowledge of departmental operations, procedures, and organizational policies;
• Ability to manage material resources and time, and to work independently and as a team.
• Knowledge of specialized departmental equipment including what is used in janitorial services;
• Ability to train employees in proper departmental practices and procedures, including safety and proper use of PPE, tools, and equipment;
• Ability to communicate effectively; to present information and respond to questions from managers, workers, clients, customers and others; and to escalate matters appropriately;
• Human relations skills to build effective working relationships;
• Mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
• Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities;
• Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and common sense skills;
• Ability to travel to local facilities on a frequent basis.
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering in and around the worksite
• Standing and walking
• Bending, kneeling, reaching, and stooping
• Lifting boxes or equipment weighing up to 35 pounds, and up to 50 pounds occasionally
• Pushing or pulling objects such as vacuums, carts, mops, etc.
• May be required to push/pull equipment weighing up to 70 pounds
• Grasping both small & large objects
• Climbing ladders and/or step stools
Work is performed in an office environment, or at a customer’s location, such as a commissary environment, a federal courthouse, or a military base. Employees may be exposed to toxic chemicals, noise from equipment in maintenance environment, and depending on indoor and outdoor conditions, exposure to cold or heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Job ID 2020-11470
Type Part Time Regular
Additional Information N/A
Referral Bonus Eligible? Yes