PRIDE Industries Housing Referral Assistant in Kaneohe Bay MCB, Hawaii
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
JOB TITLE: Housing Referral Assistant
SCA OCCUP: 01120 Housing Referral Assistant
FSLA STATUS: Nonexempt
APPROVAL DATE: March 2015
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision, the Housing Referral Assistant provides housing information to tenants or potential tenants residing on military installation. Employees in this job class provide support for private and government controlled leased housing. This position is also responsible for obtaining listings of properties and future housing prospects while maintaining a working relationship with the housing referral service. This job class requires knowledge of administrative methods, practices, organizational procedures.
- Fields housing related questions from service members and provides appropriate responses.
- Ensures that tenants comply with DOD, HQMC, PPV and Base policies and that all required documents are received prior to processing applications.
- Counsels applicants with regard to special circumstances, e.g. medical or financial hardships, and availability of housing that will meet applicants’ needs.
- Monitors the assignment of tenants to available quarters and schedule assignment, pre-termination, and termination inspections.
- Maintains daily records of office activities (including number of applicants, number of applicants placed, and agents solicited or listed).
- Schedules appointments for housing inspectors, prepares reports as required and replies to complaints, investigations, and letters of inquiry.
- Reviews and enters advanced housing applications for accuracy and completeness of data along with preparing reports on housing utilization, size and length of waiting lists, and other information used as management tools.
- Checks and updates customer status using the eMH computer system and maintains eligibility lists and assigns quarters in accordance with established regulations, orders, policies, agreements and contract.
- Counsels applicants regarding the availability, type, size and location of quarters as well as prospective and current tenants regarding rights, privileges and responsibilities of occupancy of installation housing.
- Distributes rental referral listings to customers upon request and determines authorized allowances and issues non-availability certificates as necessary.
- Resolves a variety of housing problems by assembling facts, evaluating information, and drafting reports while also responding to correspondence which can be used as a basis for recommendations, interpretations, and decisions by a higher level housing specialist.
- Participates actively in and attends weekly meetings.
Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
High School Diploma or G.E.D.;
Three or more years of experience working in a fast paced environment with multiple high priorities, a large volume of customer interaction and dealing with significant customer service situations;
Knowledge and expertise in performing housing administration tasks;
Command of the English language, strong written communication skills, and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively;
Working knowledge of government software and Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel as well as telephones, fax, copier, scanner, shredder, etc.
CERTIFICATES REQUIRED: Drivers’ License
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
Keyboarding requiring manual dexterity
Interfacing with others
May bend or stoop to retrieve file folders occasionally
Talking on the phone
Viewing computer monitor requiring close vision
May lift or move boxes occasionally (up to 25 pounds)
Work is performed in a business office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks required by their supervisors.
- Denotes Essential Job Function
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Job ID 2020-11474
Type Full Time Regular
Location US-HI-Kaneohe Bay MCB
Additional Information This position is on a federal AbilityOne contract that requires that most of the work hours are performed by employees with disabilities. Due to program requirements, this particular position needs to be filled by a person with a disability
Referral Bonus Eligible? Yes