PRIDE Industries HVAC Technician in Roseville, California
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: HVAC Technician
Job Code: N54 - PR-HVAC Technician
HR Title Group: Maintenance
Salary Grade: N20
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: August 2017
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under limited supervision, the HVAC Technician installs, repairs, overhauls and maintains HVAC/refrigeration systems. Employees in this job class are responsible for operating, maintaining and repairing all building mechanical equipment and building management systems to ensure operation is within its design capabilities and to achieve proper environmental conditions. This job class requires comprehensive knowledge of HVAC repair and maintenance including understanding federal and state codes, laws and regulations with regard to environmental and indoor air quality.
*Performs maintenance and service repairs on heating, ventilating, air conditioning systems and other designated equipment.
- Installs new units or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines.
*Operate and maintain energy management programs to ensure all systems operate in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs to a minimum.
*Identify, analyze, diagnose and report on all building system or equipment condition and make recommendations on operational repair, replacement or upgrade.
*Review building equipment operations, scheduled maintenance programs, energy management and equipment status as directed.
*Perform all housekeeping functions to maintain a professional appearance of equipment and assigned maintenance spaces.
*Prepare routine records and reports.
Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Denotes Essential Job Function
• Five or more years of experience in HVAC/refrigeration equipment installation, repair and maintenance experience;
• Knowledge of operation, maintenance and repair of HVAC/refrigeration equipment;
• Skill in estimating time and materials;
• Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations regarding HVAC repair and maintenance for occupied spaces;
• Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests from team, customers and others;
• Effective written communication skills using appropriate business English;
• Human relations skills to maintain effective working relationships with team;
• Effective customer service skills;
• Intermediate computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
• Basic mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
• Demonstrated customer service, problem solving and common sense skills.
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering to, in, and around equipment
• Bending, kneeling, stooping and reaching
• Climbing stepstools or ladders.
• Lifting and moving heavy equipment up to 35 pounds
• Climbing ladders to gain access to rooftop equipment
• Monitoring computer systems and control displays
Work is performed at a customer’s location in office, shop, warehouse, or outdoor environment. May require driving to and from worksite locations. Equipment can be located in crawl spaces, rooftops, and outside facility. Employees may be exposed to hazardous and/or toxic substances, electrical shock, noise from equipment, and depending on external weather conditions, wind, rain, cold, and heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Job ID 2019-10180
Type Full Time Regular
Additional Information N/A