PRIDE Industries Production Trainer Lead in Roseville, California
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Production Trainer Lead
Job Code: 947 - PR-Production TrainerLead
HR Title Group: Rehabilitation Services
Salary Grade: N13
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: August 2017
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under limited supervision, the Production Trainer Lead oversees customer product production in a lead position over employees as well as client workers who are developmentally disabled and/or physically challenged. Employees in this job class schedule projects, schedule staff and/or clients, review quality control, and resolve production issues, while interacting with staff, customers, and management on a regular basis. This job class requires knowledge of workflow and scheduling in a manufacturing environment, and the ability to communicate effectively with others, work with adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges, and organize and manage multiple projects.
*Oversees product production for PRIDE Industries customers. Prioritizes jobs, schedules and sets up work, trains clients, directs workflow, and monitors progress of projects through to completion. Ensures adherence to procedures, regulations and guidelines while minimizing errors and safety risks.
*Tracks the progress of production. Reviews factors affecting production schedules and resolves issues. Provides recommendations for solutions to ensure production schedule meets customer satisfaction, and identifies critical path to determine which tasks can affect project completion date.
*Sets up work, trains, and monitors staff and/or client workers to assure quality of work and progress of orders.
*Acts as a liaison between floor staff and Production Manager to coordinate production schedules and changes, address employee issues, and foster communication.
*Coordinates orders with customer to understand job specifications, special requirements, and due dates, to ensure clear communication, resolve problems, and increase customer satisfaction.
*Participates in departmental meetings on a regular basis; requests and accepts useful suggestions and recommendations from staff in order to improve business. Leads meetings in absence of Production Manager.
*Observes behavior of clients while performing job, on transportation, and/or breaks, and responds to potential problems to minimize confrontation and/or ensure safety of individuals.
*Creates a variety of documents including memos, spreadsheets and reoccurring reports including client attendance, case memos, and incident/accident reports.
Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Denotes Essential Job Function
• One of more years of related experience in manufacturing, production or scheduling;
• Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges, preferred;
• Knowledge and training in Food Safety (HACCP) and Food Protection programs, National Organic Program (NOP), California Health and Safety Code, Division 104, Part 5 - Sherman Food, Drug and Cosmetic Law: 2008, and FDA’s Quality System Regulations, preferred;
• Knowledge of planning, forecasting, and scheduling in a manufacturing environment;
• Knowledge of departmental operations, organization policies, applicable laws, procedures, and processes;
• Knowledge of specialized departmental equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, push carts, scales, skinpack and shrink-wrap production packaging equipment;
• Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests from team, customers and others;
• Effective written communication skills using appropriate business English;
• Human relations skills to maintain effective working relationships with team;
• Effective customer service skills;
• Intermediate computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
• Basic mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
• Demonstrated customer service, problem solving and common sense skills.
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for an extended periods of time with or without assistance.
• Maneuvering in and around production floor and equipment
• Lifting boxes and/or moving boxes or equipment up to 25 pounds
• Viewing computer screen
• Utilizing keyboard
Work is performed in a manufacturing environment with forklifts and production equipment. Employees may be exposed to noise from equipment in a manufacturing environment and may be exposed to elevated temperatures, high heat, occasional fumes, toxic chemicals, and airborne particles.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Job ID 2020-11441
Type Full Time Regular
Referral Bonus Eligible? Yes