PRIDE Industries Safety Representative Site in Roseville, California
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Safety Representative Site
Job Code: D49 - PR-Safety Representative
HR Title Group: Risk Management
Salary Grade: E11
FLSA Status: Exempt
Approval Date: August 2019
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under limited supervision the Site Safety Representative ensures safety programs and procedures are followed. Employees in this job class resolve routine to complex safety/health issues. This job requires general knowledge of occupational safety, health, and environmental regulations and hazardous materials, and the ability to train others in safe workplace practices and to inspect facilities for safety/health and corrective action plans.
1.*Inspects and evaluates workplace environments, equipment, and practices In order to ensure compliance with safety/health standards and governmental regulations.
2.*Provides new employees and subcontractors with safety and health orientation training.
3.*Provides training in safe practices and precaution. Maintains appropriate documentation of training provided to employees.
4.*Acts as back up to Safety Manager in his/her absence.
5.*Interacts with Contractors to ensure safety compliance with state, federal, and local regulations.
6.*Evaluates for completeness and accuracy of JOB SAFETY ANALYSIS JSA’s. Must ensure that JSA’s are current and effectively identify potential hazards.
7.*Conducts investigations of working conditions for the prevention of occupational accidents, diseases and industrial health hazards, with specific reference to toxic substance, noise, and harmful physical agents.
8.*Investigates to determine root cause of violations and develops Independent resolution process, and follows up to ensure proper closure of safety violations.
9.*Evaluates and instructs employees in the proper use of Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE).
10.*Inspects field operations of contractors and employees to confirm
compliance with PRIDE Industries safety requirements.
11.*Transports employees to medical facility for treatment.
12.*Attends Pre-Construction Meetings and Site Visits.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Denotes Essential Job Function
• Three of more years of prior safety/health work experience interpreting and implementing applicable laws, regulations and/or policies and procedures;
• Must have working knowledge of principles, theories, and practices of safety/health;
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to make presentations and respond to inquiries by management, team, vendors and/or customers;
• Human relation skills to build effective relationships with team and internal customers;
• Intermediate to advanced computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
• Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling, and correct grammatical usage and punctuation;
• Mathematical skills to include the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations;
• Ability to establish priorities and solve a wide range of business problems;
• Demonstrated customer service, common sense, problem solving and analytical skills;
• Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
Bachelors in Business Administration or related field
A comparable combination of formal education and work experience will be considered.
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
OSHA 10 Certification
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Utilizing keyboard
• Viewing computer screen
• Bending, kneeling, stooping, squatting and reaching
• May require climbing ladders and/or step stools
• Standing and walking
• Maneuvering in and around the worksite
Work is performed primarily in an office environment with limited privacy and exposure to noise from others conducting business. The remainder of work is performed on job sites in the field, driving to and from worksite. Employees may be exposed to hazardous equipment, toxic substances, noise from equipment, and depending on external weather conditions, wind, rain, cold, and heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Job ID 2020-11487
Type Full Time Regular
Referral Bonus Eligible? Yes