PRIDE Industries Van Driver in Roseville, California
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Van Driver
Job Code: A35 - PR-Van Driver
HR Title Group: Fleet and Transportation
Salary Grade: NAC
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: August 2017
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under general supervision, the Van Driver safely and efficiently operates a company passenger van. Employees in this job classification assure safety of employees while riding and maintain accurate records of trips for each assigned route. This job class requires the ability to safely operate a passenger van to various locations and maintain related records.
*Operates a company van to transport employees to and from work.
*Assists passengers in loading onto and off the van if and when necessary.
*Maintains accurate and legible records and logs of trip information as required.
*Performs vehicle inspections and reports any mechanical problems or defects of the assigned vehicle prior to departure.
Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Denotes Essential Job Function
• Must 21 years of age or old;
• Must have a satisfactory driving record;
• Ability to act responsively to inquiries and requests and escalate the more difficult matters appropriately;
• Ability to safely operate a passenger van following a schedule;
• Ability to read a map;
• Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests;
• Effective written communication skills using appropriate business English;
• Computer literacy to use business software, the Internet, enter data/retrieve data;
• Human relations skills to build effective working relationships;
• Demonstrated customer service, problem solving and common sense skills.
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Operating passenger vehicles
• Bending, stooping, reaching to maneuver passengers’ wheelchairs into safety restraints may be required
• Truck drivers in this classification load and unload trucks of materials and/or equipment
• Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 pounds with or without assistance
• Climbing in and out of vehicle.
Most work is performed outdoors and, in a vehicle, while driving. Frequently operate a passenger bus in a variety of traffic and weather conditions. This position requires working non-traditional hours and/or split shifts.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Job ID 2019-10163
Type Full Time Regular