PRIDE Industries Custodial Lead - Day Shift in Sacramento, California
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Custodial Lead
Job Code: 708 - SS-Custodial Lead
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: January 2018
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under limited supervision the Custodial Lead oversees custodial operations and daily staff activities as a lead in a large commercial or federal facility. Employees in this job class perform a variety of functions to assure facilities are clean and free of safety hazards. This job class requires knowledge of custodial practices, equipment, supplies and procedures, and the ability to work with developmentally disabled and/or physically challenged adults.
*Oversees custodial staff to perform maintenance and cleaning services in a large facility. Monitors sick days and vacations for staff to ensure departmental coverage and customer satisfaction.
Prioritizes and assigns tasks and coaches staff in performing duties.
*Inspects work areas on a regular basis, including outside grounds to ensure quality.
*Trains and assists staff in performing duties, and in the safe and proper use of cleaning products, scrubbers, buffers, and other custodial equipment to meet quality and safety standards.
*Oversees the waxing and buffing of floors on a regular basis.
*Oversees the cleaning and maintenance of custodial equipment on a regular basis to ensure proper operation and safe condition.
*Order and maintain quantities of supplies, stock and equipment.
*Fills-in for custodial staff when needed.
Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Denotes Essential Job Function
• At least one year of custodial experience;
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and to present information and respond to questions from clients, customers and others;
• Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges preferred;
• Knowledge of Cal OSHA and OSHA occupational safety regulations;
• Knowledge of departmental operations, procedures, and organizational policies;
• Knowledge of specialized departmental equipment including that is used in custodial services including scrubbers and buffers;
• Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests from team, customers and others;
• Effective written communication skills using appropriate business English;
• Human relations skills to maintain effective working relationships with team;
• Effective customer service skills;
• Intermediate computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
• Basic mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
• Demonstrated customer service, problem solving and common sense skills.
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering in and around the worksite
• Standing and walking
• Bending, kneeling, reaching, and stooping
• Lifting boxes or equipment weighing up to 35 pounds, and up to 50 pounds occasionally
• Pushing or pulling objects such as vacuums, carts, mops, etc.
• May be required to push/pull equipment weighing up to 70 pounds
• Grasping both small & large objects
• Climbing ladders and/or step stools
Work is performed in an office environment, or at a customer’s location, such as a commissary environment, a federal courthouse, or a military base. Employees may be exposed to toxic chemicals, noise from equipment in maintenance environment, and depending on indoor and outdoor conditions, exposure to cold or heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Job ID 2020-11475
Type Full Time Regular
Referral Bonus Eligible? Yes