PRIDE Industries Work Group Trainer in Sacramento, California
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Work Group Trainer
Job Code: M42 - PR-Work Group Trainer
HR Title Group: Rehabilitation Services
Salary Grade: NAX
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: December 2018
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under general supervision, the Work Group Trainer monitors the work of developmentally disabled and/or physically challenged employees. Employees in this job class train disabled and/or physically challenged employees, review quality/service and resolve production/service issues. This job class requires knowledge of the relevant work/industry and the ability to effectively train adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges.
*Trains developmentally disabled and/or physically challenged employees; sets up work, directs workflow/scheduling and monitors progress of projects/service orders through to completion. Ensures adherence to procedures, regulations and guidelines while minimizing errors and safety risks.
*Sets up work, trains, and monitors employees to assure quality of work. Assigns employees to breaks and lunches; completes/assists employees in completing employee timecards.
*Observes behavior of employees while performing job, on transportation, and/or breaks, and responds to potential problems to minimize confrontation and/or ensure safety of individuals.
*Creates a variety of documents including memos, performance summaries, and reoccurring reports including attendance, case memos, and incident/accident reports.
*Some positions may drive employees to and from off-site work locations or to and from home using Company owned vehicle.
Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Denotes Essential Job Function
• One year of relevant industry work experience;
• Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges, preferred;
• Familiar with organization policies, applicable laws, procedures, and processes;
• Ability to effectively train and direct the work of employees to meet production/service goals;
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and to present information and respond to questions from vendors, customers, management, and others;
• Ability to act responsively to customer inquiries and requests, and to escalate the more difficult employees or matters appropriately;
• Knowledge of business English including vocabulary and spelling;
• Mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
• Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities;
• Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and common sense skills;
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering to and around equipment
• Bending, stooping, and reaching
• Utilizing keyboard
• Monitoring computer systems
• May include viewing computer/CCTV monitor(s) and detailed work requiring close vision
• Moving or lifting boxes up to 25 pounds
• Answering/making phone calls
• Communicating with others
Work is primarily performed at a customer’s location in an office / shop environment with limited privacy and some exposure to background noise and/or noise from equipment. Transporting to locations with the work site may be required. Employees may also be exposed to extreme cold or heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Job ID 2019-10184
Type Full Time Regular