PRIDE Industries Janitor in Travis AFB, California
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Code: 141 - TC-Janitor
SCA Occup: 11150 Janitor
Salary Grade: Federal Wage Determination or Collective Bargaining Agreement
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: January 2018
Under close supervision, performs general custodial services in customer locations or other assigned area(s), including cleaning and detailing conference rooms, offices, cafeteria, courthouses, classrooms, government facilities and common areas. Employees in this job class use proper materials and methods to assure facilities are clean and free of safety hazards. This job class requires knowledge of custodial practices, equipment, supplies and procedures, and the ability to perform quality work in a safe manner.
- Performs cleaning services using proper equipment and supplies, and follows procedures for safe use and operation.
- Cleans facilities, restrooms, common areas, cafeterias.
- Removes trash, replaces plastic trash bags.
- Dusts and polishes equipment, furniture, or fixtures.
- Cleans tables and microwaves.
- Vacuums carpets, sweeps, mops, and deodorizes floors.
- Cleans walls, arranges furniture, and cleans window blinds.
- Uses correct chemicals on all surfaces, fills all dispensers.
- Maintains quality of work and customer satisfaction. Responds to customer requests according to established procedures, or refers to supervisor.
- Cleans spills promptly.
- Cleans and maintains custodial equipment to ensure proper operation and safe condition.
May wax and buff floors on a regular basis.
May operate equipment such as a cardboard bailer.
May monitor inventory and supply areas.
Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Denotes Essential Job Function
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
• 0 to 1 year of work experience, preferably in custodial services;
• Ability to follow instructions on labels for proper and safe use of chemicals, supplies and equipment;
• Ability to follow structured process and procedures, and to learn to use specialized departmental equipment, including that used in custodial services such as scrubbers and buffers;
• Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests from customers and others; including ability to identify and report product and equipment needs;
• Human relations skills to build effective working relationships;
• Availability to work evenings; flexibility of schedule changes, work duration and task assignments;
• Ability to manage and accurately track material resources and time, and adapt to changing work priorities;
• Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and common sense skills.
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering in and around the worksite
• Standing and walking
• Bending, kneeling, reaching, and stooping
• Lifting boxes or equipment weighing up to 35 pounds, and up to 50 pounds occasionally
• Pushing or pulling objects such as vacuums, carts, mops, etc.
• May be required to push/pull equipment weighing up to 70 pounds
• Grasping both small & large objects
• Climbing ladders and/or step stools
Work is performed in an office environment, or at a customer’s location, such as a commissary environment, a federal courthouse, or a military base. Employees may be exposed to toxic chemicals, noise from equipment in maintenance environment, and depending on indoor and outdoor conditions, exposure to cold or heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Job ID 2019-10187
Type Part Time On-Call
Location US-CA-Travis AFB
Additional Information N/A